Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bowling Green Ghost Bridge


Living in Bowling Green, Ky I have heard many stories of the "Ghost Bridge". Legend has it, a young girl committed suicide by jumping off the bridge in the waters of the Barren River. If you park your car at the end of the bridge, turn the engine off, and put it in neutral. She will push the car across the bridge.

So, my wife and I decided to check out the legend.

We park the car on the west side of the bridge, about 15 feet past the entrance facing the east side, and follow the directions of the legend.
turn off car...check
put car in neutral...check
and foot off brake....check

To my surprise we started to move, picking up speed, all the way to the end.

I have my theory on the spirit pushing bridge, but go out and explore for your self.





Bridge: Old Richardsville Road Bridge
Location: Old Richardsville Road, Bowling Green, Kentucky

1 comment:

  1. I have been on that bridge before when I was 7 years old. What happened that night is forever burned into my brain. The person driving went onto the bridge (which had just gotten rebuilt) and was driving over it when about half way across his engine died and suddenly there were two people standing in front of us, although they were not people they were ghosts. They stood there for about 2-3 seconds then disappeared and the car instantly started back up by itself. Scared the mess out of me. Needless to say we got off that bridge quick fast and in a hurry!!!

    ReplyDelete